Sunday, July 8, 2012

Out of the 1464 weeks I have been alive, I have never needed one to go by more quickly then this one. The last eight weeks I have been alive, have been brutal. My emotions have been tested; I have failed. Most days I feel like a zombie slowly moving through life trying to stay vertical. I am exhausted, he is exhausted. I need to see him. Now. As I have re-read this blog, one thing is for certain. Music moves me. It makes my insides smile. My heart is warm and my spirit is lifted when music, good music, is in my presence. So again, I will reflect on more lyrics. Perhaps I use lyrics to convey messages that I feel inadequate to write. Or maybe it is because my words are not as powerful. So, thank you Copeland for the following:
 I remember when I'd run to you
 field of white flowers
Your embrace is my air
How I needed you there
And all of the world and
All of it's powers
Couldn't keep your love from me no
Couldn't keep your love from me

Cause I need you
Like the dragonfly's wings need the wind
Like the orphan needs home once again
Like heaven needs more to come in
I need you here like you've always been


I truly need him. I have thought a lot about this upcoming year and the struggle it will be without him near. But, he gives me strength. He gives me breathe. Thinking about him brings peace to my soul. I love him more today then yesterday. Next week will be the greatest week I have ever lived. I will finally embrace him. I will finally gaze into his eyes. I will finally talk to him, face to face. He is my best friend.
Here's looking at you kid:


2 comments: