Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's getting closer. My chain is dwindling down. Not fast enough.
I recall the first letter I received from him. It was in 2004;  I was 20. The first line read, "Hello my dancing princess". I was a dancer at Snow college, he was in Florida. We have been writing letters for 8 years. I have a backpack full of letters and pictures from him. He has away of writing. It is elegant and sophisticates. This post I will illustrate some of his writing.


October the ninth, two thousand four:
in the rain, sing a song, in your head.... so secret life, in your eyes, it's alright...... so be surprised, by the lullabies, that keep us in line, tonight.


Unfortunately, I do not have a date for the following:
A forest burning away thousands of innocent nights.
The fire has engulfed every memory that seemed so right.
I can't quite tell if its you or the smoke that has me in tears.
This disaster has claimed all naivete, 
and we knew this coming...
Hand in hand, lash to lash; so here we stand solemnly surviving.
The smoke is a swirling pillar, but it'll clear.
I'll be praying for snow to blanket the dreams, 
that are still breathing.
Tattered sighs soundtrack the smoldering sunset.
 This all goes back..... back to a starstruck gaze;
Designs in our minds where just a candy coated maze.
What's left to lose? I've done enough,
and if I fall, then I fall; but I gave it a shot.
We could run inside and leave it all behind.
Shadows would be the only company assigned.
We'll talk all night and each other everything. 
As our eyes start to close,
I turn to you and let you know.
BEAUTY:
Don't 
Be 
Afraid 
To 
Live


His writing is brilliant. I love him. And soon, I will tell him. Face to face, arm in arm. He is strong and handsome. I can not wait to reunite with him.
Heres looking at you kid:




2 comments:

  1. HE is so good at that. He should write songs for bands. Glad you get to see him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that, brooke. He is a wonderful writer. I'm so happy you will get to see him so soon!

    ReplyDelete