Sunday, June 24, 2012

When I think of how brave and courageous he is, there is a song that comes to mind. This song is from my favorite Disney movie. The lyrics are touching especially after he left. It is a song I will cherish forever. It will not sit in the corner of my heart, for it will fill my heart.  The lyrics remind me how lucky I am to have him. What he is doing is exceptionally hard. It is mentally straining and near physically unachievable.  In his flight unit of 130 guys, only 10-18 will make it to the end. He will be one of them.
Be a man We must be swift as the coursing river Be a man With all the force of a great typhoon Be a man With all the strength of a raging fire Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
I miss him. I'm jealous of him. He is trying new things, things that are hard. I, I am just here doing monotonous things. No new adventures of me. Not yet. He was in a gas chamber. He went to a shooting range. The ones you see in the movies were you shoot at a cardboard body. Soon, he will be jumping from airplanes and scuba-diving. He will get to travel the country. I will be paying bills. He is my HERO. Remember when you were little and would make a count-down chain made out of pieces of paper glued together? Well, I've done it again. There is no need to be young. It has 16 links. One comes of each day. 16 days until I see him. I am excited to run into his arms. He'll catch me and swing me around. Like a scene for a cheesy, cliche love movie. But this will be really life. Our real life. No cameras. No script. Just us and the world will vanish for a epigrammatic moment. 
Here's looking at you kid:

1 comment:

  1. How cool! He is doing a very brave great thing!! Excited you get to see him soon!

    ReplyDelete